The history of the creation of the “Zhodino Museum of Local History” begins in 1999. It was then that a working group was formed to create the Zhodino Museum of Local History. Initially, the working group consisted of two specialists. In December 2007, the main custodian was added to the staff. By the decision of the Zhodino executive committee on June 24, 2008 the Zhodino museum of local lore was opened, which until 2015 inclusive was in a state of major overhaul. In July 2014 solemn opening of the first exposition of the museum “History of Zhodino from ancient times to 1941” took place. December 29, 2015 Zhodino city executive committee approved the Statute of the Institution and decided to create “Zhodino Museum of Local History”.