Luban is a small town in the Minsk region. Now there are just over 11 thousand people living there. But, despite this, Luban has a rich history. The first mention of the town dates back to 1566. Then Luban belonged to the rich family of Olelkoviches, but a century and a half later these lands became the possessions of the Belarusian magnates of the Radziwills, who founded a glass factory in Ureche, near Lubani. The manufactory was closed in the 20s of the XIX century. The Rech manufactory was founded in 1737 and was initially called a mirror one. This was the first enterprise for the production of mirrors in the Commonwealth. It produced window glass, crystal chandeliers, candlesticks, mirrors, dishes, etc. Foreign master T. Sherber, who ran the manufactory, introduced the technology of production of French, Bohemian and English mirrors. On the mentioned manufactories there were dynasties of local masters Kakhanoviches, Dubitsky, Belkevich, Golubovichi.
In 1793, after the second partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Luban region became part of the Russian Empire. But at the same time, Luban left its mark in the history of Belarus – it was here, on September 3-4, 1794, an insurgent detachment under the command of St. Grabovsky, a colleague of Tadeusz Kosciuszko, fierce battles was fought during the Tadeusz Kosciuszko uprising.
After entering the Russian Empire, Luban, on the basis of old inventory, was confirmed in the rights of the place, and then peacefully became part of Soviet Russia. The Luban district of the BSSR was established In 1924, in connection with the creation of the Luban district, it became its center.
Luban Museum of Popular Glory was established in 1968, the first visitors were able to get acquainted with its exposition three years later – July 3, 1971.
The first director of the museum was Dorozhko Nikolai Prokhorovich, a veteran of the Great Patriotic War. The first exposition represented the history of the Lyuban region from 1917 to 1971: it reflected the revolutionary struggle and the victory of the working class in the Revolution, the peaceful construction of a new life, the terrible war years of the Great Patriotic War, the post-war reconstruction of the country.
Currently, the Luban Museum is located in 2 buildings with a total area of 417.9 square meters. m. In the building on the street. Lenina, 17 is the Museum of Traditional Crafts, along the street. Kalina, 2 – historical and ethnographic exhibition.
Collections of the museum number about 28.5 thousand units of storage. The most extensive are the collections “Documents” and “Photo Documents”.
The history of money circulation on the territory of the Luban region is reflected in the collections of “Bonistika” and “Numismatics”. Among the museum items of these collections are the banknotes of the period of the Civil War (1918-1920), among which are the bonuses of the Gomel zemstvo and the Mogilev province. Particular attention of visitors is attracted to the treasure trophy coins of the The Commonwealth of the second half of the 16th-early 16th century, which is listed in the historical and cultural values of Belarus.