The first proposals for the creation of a historical ethnographic museum in Kletsk were made by enthusiasts in the late 1950s. The initiators have become a police officer Basil Abramovich, geography Dorofei Black Maksimovic teacher and director of a high school Kletsk Anatoly Finnish. Materials for the museum were collected by schoolchildren, members of the society “Young Local History”, during hiking and traveling around the area. In 1961 the first museum exposition was opened in the Kletsk school. After some time, next to the school building a separate room of students forces started for the museum, the model for which was the hunting lodge of the palace complex Rumyantsev-Paskevich Gomel. Construction lasted almost 10 years.
On September 1, 1979 school museum after moving into the new building received a status of the state, then October 1, 2005 was reorganized into the State Institution “Museum of Kletsk region”.
The museum’s profile is the history of the city and district from ancient times to the present, ethnography, local history.
Today the museum has 6 exhibition halls. A distinctive feature of the exposition is that its foundation is 95% original pieces.
Hall “distant past” covers the period from ancient times to the occurrence Kletsk region of the Russian Empire (1793). As it shows the archaeological finds, the materials of the defeat of the Crimean Tatars under the Kletsk August 5, 1506, about the wars of the mid XVII – beginning of XIII centuries, a collection of ceramics of the feudal period, the scheme “Regional growth town” family tree branches Radzivillov.Kletsk dumpling. Str. Gagarin, 6