One of the main symbols of the Brest region – Kamenets Tower – is located in the city of Kamenets. The monument of architecture is mistakenly called the “White Belt”. According to one version, the false name went to the people after the author of the book “Belovezhskaya Pushcha” pointed out that the Vezha is standing on the Belaya River. Others are inclined to the version that the wrong name came from the fault of local ethnographers who insisted that the tower in the ancient times was whitened. By the way, it was whitewashed only in the early 1950s, but later, during the restoration in the second half of the 90s, the walls were cleaned of whitewash. Whoever was right, but the fact remains a fact: the erroneous name got accustomed and went beyond not only Kamenets, but also the Brest region. Now you can find a sign “Belaya Vezha” on the walls of the sanatorium, casinos, restaurants, shops, as well as on the poster of the international theater festival, which is held annually in Brest. Siege of marauders Kamenets Tower was built between 1276 and 1288 years. In the XIII century, this land was part of the Volyn principality. The tower and the city of Kamenets were built by the decree of Prince Volynsky Vladimir Vasilkovich. He invited the architect Alex to him and told him to find a place outside the town of Berestye to establish the city. Alexa chose a place on the bank of the River Lesnaya 30 versts from Berestya. Many tests fell to the lot of the tower. However, it was not the sword, but the human hand, that caused her considerable damage. In the 18th century, looters came here, who took the bricks for household needs.