In the years 1936-1939 under the guidance of the priest Yang Khrabonsh, the construction of the church was conducted. Unfortunately, the abbot was arrested, and he died in the Stalin Gulag, and the temple was never finished. Until the nineties, the mill was located in the unfinished church, until a decision was made to revive it. Restoration of the temple lasted until 2000.
With the help of the donors, the parishioners, on their own, under the guidance of the rector of the priest Canon Leszek Domogaly, completed the church, and around the church were built chapels with the stops of the Way of the Cross. The building of the church in Soviet times was given to a collective farm mill.
People say that people saw from afar how the lights burn inside the mill: even then they began to say that here again there will be a temple. And it happened. All parishioners provided all possible help in the restoration of the church, up to 50 people worked on the site every day. Now the church and the surrounding area are considered sights. Here you can see an icon from the Lit Vytautas, destroyed in Grodno, stones from old Catholic cemeteries, a twelve-organ and 52 chapels that were placed along the perimeter of the church on four tracks. Around the church are planted flowers, it is decorated and neat and tidy to shine. After the renovation of the church, Roman Catholic priest Leszek personally brought the main shrine – the miraculous icon of the Mother of God of the Yasnagur. The return of the icon to the temple caused a mass pilgrimage to the church. On large holidays, pilgrims from Lithuania, Poland and Belarus gather in the church.
The church is located on the “Mountain of Hope” – this is the second largest hill in the Grodno region. Hundreds of believers suffering from alcohol and drugs come here in the hope of getting rid of addictions. They leave their written promises in the book “Abstencii”, which is kept behind the main altar of the temple. The most amazing thing is that healing happens. Also, the revival of the church united the parishioners of different faiths and nationalities.