On the bank of the river, in the center of Orsha, the ruins of the Basilian monastery are preserved. Built in the middle of the 18th century, it is now in a very deplorable state.
Historians argue that the monastery was founded by the Basilians in the second half of the 18th century and. At the monastery there was also a church which was named the Church of the Ward of the Mother of God. In 1842 it was again consecrate and the Orthodox Holy Protection friary was located within the walls of the church. However, in 1967 this already Orthodox church was blown up. For today only the walls of the residential complex under the monastery have been partially preserved.
Nearby is the building of the monastery of the Franciscans, a water mill, the Jesuit Collegium.