Not far from Grodno, between Volozhin and Novogrudok, in the small village of Duda is the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary. One of the few wooden churches, preserved to this day, was built in 1772. Historians say that at the beginning of the 17th century another temple was located on this place, but history is silent on its future fate. It is likely that the old church was rebuilt.
For its long history the temple has been preserved almost in its original form. Time and war practically did not cause any damage to the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary. However, as it often happened at that time, in the mid-50s the 20th century was ready in connection with the anti-religious policy, a decision was made to convert the building into a warehouse. And only in 1983 the church became a parish. The end of the 20th century marked a new period in the life of the church – the building was restored and entered the State List of the historical and cultural list of our country.
The building of the temple is built in the spirit of wooden baroque. One-nave temple is crowned by two towers. 3 wooden altars of the temple are located in the penta apse. The main asset of the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary is the icon “Our Lady with the Child”. Also to the temple is a two-level bell tower.
Around the church there is a cemetery, but many graves are destroyed, some tablets are not preserved. It should be noted that, despite the proximity to the highway, the place is very quiet.