The farmstead of Belarus got its name in honor of the Belarusian nobleman who had Tatar roots, Mikhail Kotlubaev, who bought it together with the village on May 3, 1851. But his present splendor is not due to Michael, but to his son Edward, who after his graduation from the village of Yastrembel Military Engineering Academy in St. Petersburg was military service in Kiev and returned to Russia.
After the army, he was carried away by history, worked in the family archive of the Radziwills and presented a manuscript entitled “Nesvizh Gallery of Radziwill’s Portraits”, which later, until the end of the 19th century, became the most recognized and respected guide to the history of the Radzivil family.
Start of construction.
In 1897 Edward built a manor house on the territory of the estate in Yastrembel and broke a magnificent garden near it. He transformed the whole country estate and buildings beyond recognition, completely departing from the concept of rural estate.
The house has 18 rooms, walls decorated with stucco, paintings depicting passages of ancient history, parquet floors, partially laid ceramic tiles, decor elements, paintings, sculptures and much more.
An old manor Kotlubaev in the Brest region is built in the neoclassic style. This is evidenced by monumentality, the presence of columns, a discreet decor, an architectural pediment. However, the architect had peculiar views on style trends. In his opinion, the neoclassic was a derivative of modernity, and the symmetry testified to the limitations … As a result, we see a very original building with bizarre lines.
What is waiting for the estate Kotlubaev?
In 1917, the last of the owners of the village Yastrebel, Sigmund Kotlubai, was sent to prison, and the estate was ruined. After that, the whole old manor complex near Baranovichi was transferred to the Soviets and converted to the needs of the state for an orphanage. All the art objects, moldings, frescoes, side wings, a walkway leading to the house, a sawmill, extensions and even a brick factory were destroyed. The walls were demolished – there was one huge room ..
From 1972 to 1990 the building was distributed to a boarding school, but soon after the collapse of the Soviet Union, the boarding school moved to a more suitable new building, from that moment the former estate Kotlubaev is empty. In 1991 the regional authorities put forward an initiative to restore the estate, but the only thing they did was restore the roof in the mid-90s and replace the windows in 2000.