This monument of the XVII century, incorporating the features of the Renaissance and Baroque, is rightfully called the “patriarch of Pinsk antiquity”. The collegium, like the entire Jesuit monastery, was erected in the 17th century with the funds of the Chancellor of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania , the Pinsk and Vilna village head Albrecht Radziwill. The construction was suspended, then continued for 44 years (1631-1675). The Church of St. Stanislaus became the architectural dominant of the monastery ensemble and all of Pinsk for several centuries – the largest cult building of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (40 thousand cubic meters). The majestic shrine served in its time the Jesuits, basilians, was the Orthodox Epiphany Cathedral and then again returned to the Catholics. In her crypt rested immortal relics of St. Andrew Bobola. In 1706, from the church tower, Swedish King Charles XII stared at the Polesie swamps. Up to now, from the grand ensemble came the collegium and two more unremarkable buildings.
The collegium also impresses today with the thickness of its walls, the cross vaults of halls and corridors, figured pediments, a broken tiled roof and a faceted buttress-like counterfort like a lighthouse. From this “alma mater” came the historian Adam Naruzhevich, philosopher Karol Vyrvich, political and economic figure Mateush Butrimovich. In the collegium, a rich library was assembled (in 1940 it was taken to Leningrad), physical and chemical laboratories were set up, the first in the Polissia pharmacy, a printing house and a student theater operated. The Pinsk collegium, along with Polotsky, were considered the best educational institutions of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania , which were not inferior to universities. The training was free and accessible to immigrants from all walks of life, irrespective of religion, the term of study is 12-13 years.
In the XIX century in the building of the collegium there was a seminary, where he studied Alexander Vlasov, a Belarusian public figure, editor-publisher of Nasha Niva. Today marble steps of the collegium lead to the Museum of Belarusian Polesye.