Directorate and administrative services of the Culture Center “Vitebsk” and the Directorate of the International Festival of Arts “Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk” are located on one of the shortest streets of the city – Mayakovsky Street. It is about 80 meters along the northern side of the square named after Mayakovsky.
Both houses are monuments of architecture of the late XIX century and built according to the general development plan of Vitebsk, developed in 1890 by a graduate of the architectural department of the Imperial Academy of Arts of St. Petersburg by the city architect T.V. Kibardin. Designed for meetings of the second Public Assembly. In 1917 it housed here
Military Revolutionary Committee of Vitebsk. In November 1918, the first meeting of the Komsomol of Vitebsk region was held. In December 1918 he worked as a hill of the Russian Communist Youth League.
Over the years, the appearance of buildings has changed. This is especially true of the house on Mayakovsky Street, 1. At the end of the XIX century, the building, built in the style of classicism, was three-story. Later, the fourth floor was built up.
In 1955, the City House of Culture entered the building on Mayakovsky Street.
Currently, the Culture Center “Vitebsk” has three rooms: a chamber for 120 seats, a visual for 180 seats and a conference hall for 20 seats.
In the days of the “Slavonic Bazaar in Vitebsk” the Festival Directorate hosts the services of the festival: the International Cooperation Department, the International Press Center, the registration service, the accreditation service, the meeting and dispatch service, the coordination operational service, the catering service, the transport service, the financial and economic service , placement service, advertising service, ticket office, Internet center.
Press conferences, “Star clocks”, round tables, presentations are held in the hall of the International Press Center.
For many years, during the festival days, the JAZZ Club was working in the Culture Center, and participants of the International pop song contest were tossed.
In the foyer of the Directorate there were exhibitions of photo artists from different countries, as well as expositions timed to the jubilee dates of the festival “Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk”.
In Mayakovsky Square, for several years, a festival of Belarusian and Latgalian masters “Clay – fire and masters” was held.