Emerik Zakharyash Nikolay Severin von Gutten-Chapsky (1828-1896) – participant in the Crimean War (1854), Novgorod, St. Petersburg vice-governor, chamberlain of the Imperial Court, numismatist, author of the typological catalog of Polish and Lithuanian coins.
He was born in the estate Stankovo Stolbtsovskogo povet (today Dzerzhinsky district) Minsk province. He graduated from the 1st Vilnius Gymnasium in 1846. Then he studied in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Berlin.
He took part in the Crimean War of 1854.
In 1863-1865 he served as Novgorod’s vice-governor, in 1865-1867 – St. Petersburg vice-governor, chamberlain of the Imperial Court, chairman of the Prison Committee and Forest Committee of the Ministry of State Property of the Russian Empire under Alexander II.
Because of disagreements with the emperor about the gift of forest land [the source is not listed 344 days, resigned.
Lived in a family estate in Stankovo, where he collected a vast collection of art objects, part of which today is a branch of the National Museum called the Museum of Emerik Gutten-Chapsky in Krakow. He built the main buildings of the palace complex in Stankovo. Since 1872 (according to other sources – since 1886) the owner of the estate in the village of Priluki.