The Church of St. Nicholas was moved to the end of the nineteenth century from the center of the city, where he was from 1600 and placed on Berezinsky Forstadt.
In 1901 the building of the St. Nicholas Church was slightly modified and consecrated in honor of the Holy Spirit.
The temple operates until 1937, then it closes and only after the liberation of the city from the Nazi troops the worship is resumed.
In 1947, the temple of God is again closed and the club is located in it, and since 1956 – the cinema “Luch”.
In 1993, the building of the church is again transferred to believers. The consecration of the church was performed by His Eminence Maxim, Archbishop of Mogilev and Mstislavsky in 1995 for the Feast of the Intercession of Our Lady on October 14.
Throughout the time, work is underway to improve the temple and the surrounding area. In 1999, a chapel and a Sunday school were built.
In 2003, the temple is decorated with “golden” crosses and new domes. In 2004, the temple was significantly transformed, having received a new roof of modern materials, the adjacent territory is covered with paving slabs.