Kobrin temple of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built in its final form of stone in 1843 by architect Noskov with funds collected by parishioners.
The temple is built in the style of classicism. Three-nave, rectangular in plan with a gable roof with two towers on the façade, side facades with rectangular windows and pilasters in the pier.
The first wooden church in Kobrin was built in 1513. Its construction was financed by Anna Kobrinskaya-Kostevich. Since then, the temple has repeatedly burned and rebuilt. In 1851 the church was consecrated by the bishop of Vilna Vaclav Zulinski in honor of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The construction of a new stone church was approved in 1840. Construction was conducted from 1841 to 1843.
During the Great Patriotic War the church was not damaged and was not closed to the parishioners. During the Soviet era, the church was closed in 1962, however, it was not demolished due to the fact that in 1864 the famous artist Napoleon Orda, who visited Kobrin, immortalized the temple in his paintings.
For 28 years the church stood in desolation and was dilapidated. In 1990, he was returned to the faithful according to their numerous requests. Reconstruction of the temple was conducted with funds collected by parishioners and forces of the construction organization of the city of Kobrin “Energopol”.
Now the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is the only functioning Catholic church in Kobrin. In the church there is a shrine – the miraculous image of the Savior. Near the church there is a cemetery on which the reburial of Polish soldiers who died in 1939 was held on September 13, 2008