The land of Sula in the centuries has been glorified by the names of their owners: Stefan Batory, Vyshnevets, Radziwills and finally Lensky, the glory of which is still alive today in the memories of the inhabitants of the village of Sula and in its main landmark – the Lensky manor in the village of Sula. The estate was built by Pavel Lensky, who became the owner of the Sula lands in the late 18th century
The Lensky Manor in the village of Sula was built in the early 19 th century in the style of classicism and originally included a manor house, a shrine-tomb, a landscape park with a large artificial lake, a mill, an icehouse, a greenhouse with a garden, a brovar (brewery), a smokehouse and a farm yard.
The manor house, apart from residential visits, had two salons: a large one – from the side of the park terrace, and a small one. A distinctive feature of the small salon was the ceiling, painted in the early 20th century by Zenon Lensky – the great-grandson of Pavel Lensky and part-time one of the most talented portrait painters born by the Belarusian land. Before the manor house the fountain was broken, on the back of the building – a rose garden. And around was a unique park area of 5 hectares…
The last owner of the Sulskaya estate was Elzbieta Lenskaya – Zenon Lensky’s sister. Unfortunately, this beautiful woman was not destined to live a quiet happy life. After marrying for love, she soon became a widow and returned to her parents’ house – her husband was killed in the war. However, Elshbete did not rest in his native walls. In 1939 armed men appeared on the threshold of the manor… The manor was blown up, all valuables were confiscated. Several times they came to arrest Elzbete. But not before the Second World War, nor after its end, local residents did not allow the authorities to do this. Until Elzbete death in 1951, her maid Stefania Shiluk courted her.
Unfortunately, not all the elements of the Sula manor and park complex have survived to this day. The most sad loss was the manor house, which was blown up in November 1939. There is also a chapel-burial vault in 1843 in ruins. Only park partially preserved. In 1992, a mill burned out from a lightning strike, a residential wing was dismantled. However, much has been preserved or has been restored.
In 2006, work began to restore the estate, completed only in 2012. As a result, the Park-Museum of Interactive History “Sula” – a tourist complex of historical and cultural orientation appeared. The stable was restored, the smithy was reconstructed into a restaurant of ethnic cuisine, the workers’ house was put into a boutique hotel, and a museum was opened in the house where Elzhbeta lived the last years of her life.
Lensky Manor in Sula village is a touch to history, and long-forgotten charm of a quiet and measured manor life, and healing against the backdrop of beautiful nature, and an unforgettable vacation in Belarus!