The Holy Cross Church of 1714, which was built with the money of the noble family of Khrebtovichy, is carried away by a tower spire. Fate could predetermine the fate of the building at any time, but the temple managed to survive in difficult military times, as if the Lord himself had been guarding him.
Until 1905 the Uniate Church was located here, then – the Catholic church, and from 1939 to 1945 the Orthodox church was located within the walls of the church, but there was no need for it, because most of the villagers were Catholics. Around the church are symmetrically arranged 4 small identical jars. During the Great Patriotic War, when marches were held on large holidays, parishioners could not go beyond the boundaries of these buildings – violators expected a big fine or even shooting.
After the war, in 1947, when the church was threatened with destruction, the locals locked themselves in the building and stayed inside for several days, relentlessly begging the best part for the church and the village. In 2009, the building was reinforced with a foundation and the facade was refreshed. Today, a small church is very light, clean – grooming just pleases the eye. Inside, it is cozy and quiet, according to the testimonies of the parishioners, every centimeter here is under the prayer. The interior of the temple is mesmerizing: Large colorful icons, on the walls – a three-dimensional image of 12 fragments of Christ’s procession. The previous priest left part of the Orthodox heritage – the altar clearly outlines the outline of the Royal Gates, decorated with illustrations of fragments from the Bible.
The parishioners regularly bring live flowers here, take care of the flower beds on the territory of the church. By the way, for more than thirty years there was no priest here, apparently, the guidance of beauty has become a habit. It is also interesting that the rabbi once lived next door to the church. As the priest says, this again shows that people did not search for enemies among their own, but lived as one family. And now, when about 420 people are in the parish of Pavel Gedroits, and simply all the inhabitants of Golynka, Boyar, Proleuk, Kosmachi, Ginovichi and Kulakovo are still not divided into their own and others’ religions. And the church is a place not only for prayers, but also an opportunity to see each other, discuss life, problems, learn what’s new among neighbors. The villagers cherish this holy place.