In the 1860’s. the Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1856-1872) was built with the use of Gothic elements. Kvasovo church was built in those days when the tsarist authorities restricted the construction of churches. He is a vivid example of the combination of folk art with the professional skill of the architect. Officially, the village received its name from the names of local residents – Kvasov, Kvasevich.
But besides this, there is still an unofficial, folk version, according to which the poor man once lived in these parts. Once, quite by chance, he found a treasure, bought a small shop and began distributing kvas to poor people in it, for which the village was called Kvasovka.
According to another version, once there was a church called Kvasovka, and the village itself was called Pogorany. After the church burnt down, the name passed to the village. In the distant past Kvasovka was a small village, which consisted of one street, three shops, a wooden church and a tavern. To date, this is an updated and well-maintained agro-town with a developed infrastructure.
In the center of the modern town in 1872, the Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary was erected. The gable roof, smoothly passing from the altar part to the hip roof, covers the rectangular volume of the church. The five-sided apse with sacristies adjoins the main volume. Decorated in the first tier arched niches, on the main facade stands tetrahedral tower-belfry. The interior consists of three naves, three altars are placed, above the entrance the choirs are separated by an openwork balustrade. Believers in Kvassovka in 1854 petitioned to build a new church instead of the old wooden one.
With these developments related to “The Case of the petition, the parishioners of the village Kvasovka to permit them to finish building Kvasovsky Roman Catholic Church.” The construction of the church lasted until 1864, until the Grodno governor general’s order was suspended due to the unreliability of the political views of the priest, Anton Eismont. During the investigation it was found out that the money was collected “… for the interior decoration of the church and the device in it of two side altars”. Today the temple operates, organically fitting into the modern landscape of the square, and is undoubtedly an adornment of the agro-town.