In 1903, there was a solemn laying of the first stone of a new church in the name of the Three Saints of the Orthodox Church – Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian, John Chrysostom. The construction was carried out under the project and under the supervision of the outward counselor, the provincial architect P. Kalinin. The funds were collected through voluntary donations in parish churches, as well as on subscription lists. The construction of the cathedral lasted 11 years and was completed in 1914.
The temple with its slender, strict forms became a real decoration of the city. It is built in the form of a cross and has seven domes, above the entrance there is a bell tower. This building is made in the pseudo-Russian style. It can be entered from three sides – another hallmark of the building associated with the name of the temple.
During the stay in Mogilev Stavka (1915-1918), the cathedral was frequented by Emperor Nicholas II.
With interruptions, the temple operated until 1959. In 1961, the church, built on national money, was closed – the bell tower, domes, crosses were demolished and the club of the Strommashina plant was founded here. In the room with the music of the brass band, dancing evenings began to be arranged, and then the city disco “Resonance” was thundering.
Long and hard was the way of parishioners to return the temple. After the restoration of the Mogilev and Mstislav Diocese, it was headed by the well-known and authoritative Archbishop Maxim. Thanks to his efforts, letters and requests of believers in 30 years, on December 25, 1989, the temple was again consecrated and began to act.
The priest of the Holy Cross Exaltation Cathedral Gennady Patsevich became the rector of the cathedral. During the years of his service, many changes took place in the cathedral: a library of Orthodox literature was opened, a reading room, a Sunday school, a youth brotherhood was formed, bells were restored. In 1995, at the cavernous cathedral designed by architect A. Yurkovets, a baptismal temple was built in honor of St. George of Konissky.
The main shrine of the cathedral is the list of the miraculous icon of the Mother of God “Mogilev-Bratskaya”. In the cathedral there is an icon of St. Nicholas with relics, honored lists of the icon of the Mother of God “Belynichskaya” and icons of the Mother of God “Barcolabovskaya”, the image of St. Euphrosyne of Polotsk, written in 1910 to the event of the transfer and meeting in Mogilev of the holy relics of the Monk, transferred from the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra to Polotsk.