The farmstead in Pryluky near Minsk is known since the XVII century. This place once belonged to Oginsky, Ivanovsky, Oshtorpam, Gorvat and Gutten-Chapsky. In the middle of the XVII century Oginsky here founded an Orthodox monastery, which in 1740 the new owners of Ivanovo converted into a castle. It was at that time that the legends of the “enchanted castle in Pryluky” belong.
The estate in the current Neo-Gothic style began to be built in 1851 under Count Oshtorpe. In addition to the building itself, the park was broken up, a greenhouse was opened, and near the main building there was a tower with a clock. Unfortunately, in 1868 the building burned down. The next owner of the place – Emerik Gutten-Chapsky decided to restore the palace after the model of the original. Not come to our time, the greenhouse and the tower – in this place are the gardens of local residents.
The pearls of the manor in Pryluky were parks and terraces, which descended from the palace to the river. From the entrance gate to the manor house led a huge linden alley length of 240 meters and a width of 8 meters. The trees were planted at a distance of one meter from each other in order to form a tall shady corridor in the summer. The basis of the composition of the part of the park, which is located on the back of the palace, is the principle of opening long-term prospects for terraces, which have survived to this day.
An integral part of the whole estate in Pryluky is a complex of outbuildings, some of which have been preserved to this day. We are talking about stables, barn-“ice”, distillery, brewery, workers’ houses and the manager’s house. Built in the second half of the XIX century for a pond, these buildings are in the same style with the architecture of the palace.
In its heyday, the estate was a kind of cultural center. Here the composer Stanislav Moniuszko was visiting with his father, Napoleon Orda was be here.
In Soviet times, here was filmed “the first Belarusian national film” – “Forest Life” (1926, director Tarich).
During the Second World War in the territory of the estate in Priluky there was a rate of Gauleiter of Belarus Wilhelm Kube. In 1944 the palace was badly damaged. Its renovation with an extension of the G-like wing dates back to 1958-1959 and is associated with the stationing here of the Institute of Plant Protection.
Today, the manor house is run by the research institute, which supports the construction in a more or less normal state. Household buildings are used by local residents, and some show signs of unfinished restoration.
The Chapski Manor in Pryluky near Minsk is one of the most picturesque in the region. Remembering the possessions of this eminent family, you can also visit Stankovo, which is more reminiscent of the Minsk “mayor” of the XIX century, Karol Chapsky